Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Smoked sausage with peppers and onions

2 Green pepper (1.36 @ .68 each)
Onion (.50)
Garlic (.30)
1 lb Rice - (.72)
Hilshire Farms smoked sausage - (2.50)
Olive oil (free)
5.38

Put your rice on to cook according to package directions. Dice garlic and slice pepper, onions and sausage. 

Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, onion and pepper. Cook until halfway to desired doneness. Add sausage and salt & pepper to taste. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until sausage is warmed through and peppers and onions are as done as you want them. I like them caramelized, but do what you want. I won't judge.

Serve with rice.

A few notes - 
There was a cheaper brand of smoked sausage, but I could not conform its gluten free status.

Yes, brown rice is probably better for you, but I can't eat it. You and your normal gastrointestinal tract can eat whatever you want. Me and mine will stick to nutritionally deficient but won't make me wish I was dead white rice. 

I totally stole this recipe from Susan. Totally. 

I serve this with a salad, but not on $6.07 dinner night. (If it existed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment